We hope you and your family are in the best of health.
We are pleased to announce the slow and cautious re opening of our practice from June 8th.
We have seen all our urgent patients who have been happy to attend and can now slowly see other patients.
We shall be zoning our diary to set aside time for specific procedures which will mean less flexibility in appointment availability for the first couple of months at least.
Please wait for our team to contact you for an appointment.
We would like to inform you of changes we need to implement to reduce the risk to you, your families and to our staff.
- The day before your appointment, someone from the practice will call you and ask some health screening questions. If contact cannot be made the appointment cannot go ahead.
- Upon arrival patients should stay in their cars/outside the practice and call the receptionist upon arrival o Tel No. 01865 514253
- Upon arrival the patient’s temperature will be taken. Patients with temperatures above 37.8 ̊C will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol prior to the appointment as this makes the readings inaccurate.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the practice with the exception of under 12s (or other circumstances that we are happy to discuss) who can have one adult accompanying. Please leave siblings at home.
- Patients will be asked to sanitise their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the practice
- If you have a mobile phone in your hand (most teenagers!) or pocket we will give you a bag for this.
- You must maintain social distancing whilst in the waiting areas
- The waiting area will not have magazines or newspapers as these are difficult to disinfect
- We will send a treatment update with your child and feel free to request a call to discuss the appointment with the treating clinician
- We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce any waiting times and the traffic of people in the practice
- Any appointments that can be conducted virtually will continue to be performed virtually to reduce the risk of exposure.
- To limit time spent in the clinic we will not make appointments on the day but will contact you after the appointment to schedule the next visit. We would also appreciate any payments to be made online if possible.
- Please reduce the amount of personal belongs brought into the clinic.
- If at all possible, please refrain from using the toilets. If used, please close the lid before flushing and inform Reception afterwards so that cleaning can be undertaken.
Due to these guidelines, we will be seeing fewer patients per day so please be patient with us. We have a back-log of patients to see and each of you is a priority for us.
Please bear in mind that we are doing our best to accommodate each of you in restricted conditions so please treat our staff kindly as they are trying to help you.
Late cancellations due to PPE shortage or staff sickness may be unavoidable and we ask for your understanding should this happen
Whilst many things have changed, we want to reassure you that we remain committed to your safety. We have always maintained the highest standards of infection control.
- We will always wear a mask, eye protection and a disposable gown or apron
- All team members will be health screened before their shift
- We have increased frequency of cleaning of commonly touched surfaces and have hand sanitiser for mandatory use by patients and staff
Unfortunately, the virus is still a threat. However, we have always used universal precautions and we will continue to do so.
We very much look forward to catching up with you all and finding out how you have spent the last 9 weeks! Please don’t embarrass us with too many achievements. Ours have been very modest- Lars has managed to build up to a 5k run and I have kept sane!
Anna and Lars
Orthodontic Patients in Active Treatment
We know that you have fixed braces in place and are aware that you are probably concerned about what this means for your treatment and your teeth. We hope the following information will reassure you on certain points.
The wires that are in place are designed to straighten your teeth over a period of months and are self limiting so they will not ‘over straighten’ your teeth. We shall notice some good change when we do next meet.
It is very important to keep your oral hygiene as good as possible during this period. Use the normal toothbrush minimum twice a day and the inter-space brush underneath the wire. We can arrange to send high strength Fluoride toothpaste to you when you run out and would encourage you to use a daily flouride mouthwash to supplement.
It is also important that you do not break your braces so be careful about eating hard foodstuffs as you will make the most progress with intact braces.
We shall aim to contact people who are actively using elastics and arrange to see you over Skype/Zoom when you are due an appointment to monitor your progress and give further advice. We are available for telephone advice during the period if you have any concerns. please email or call us and we will call you back.
This pause in your routine care will very likely delay your treatment. This is sadly out of our control and we understand any frustration that you may have. Just like you I wish I knew when this will end.
However we need to keep our patients and our team safe so that at some stage we can all continue where we left off.