We hope you and your family are in the best of health.
We are pleased to have had a slow and cautious re-opening to our practice from 8th June and your support has been much appreciated during this time.
We shall be zoning our diary to set aside time for specific procedures which will mean less flexibility in appointment availability for the foreseeable future.
Due to staff shielding, we are unable to offer you Saturday appointments at the moment.
We would like to inform you of the changes we have implemented to reduce the risk to you, your families and to our staff;
Due to these guidelines, we will be seeing fewer patients per day so please be patient with us.
- We have installed air purifiers in all clinical areas.
- The day before your appointment, someone from the practice will call you and ask some health screening questions. If contact cannot be made the appointment cannot go ahead.
- Upon arrival patients should stay in their cars/outside the practice and call the receptionist upon arrival o Tel No. 01865 514253
- Upon arrival the patient’s temperature will be taken. Patients with temperatures above 37.8 ̊C will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol prior to the appointment as this makes the readings inaccurate.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the practice with the exception of under 12s (or other circumstances that we are happy to discuss) who can have one adult accompanying. Please leave siblings at home.
- Patients will be asked to sanitise their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the practice
- If you have a mobile phone in your hand (most teenagers!) or pocket we will give you a bag for this.
- You must maintain social distancing whilst in the waiting areas
- The waiting area will not have magazines or newspapers as these are difficult to disinfect
- We will send a treatment update with your child and feel free to request a call to discuss the appointment with the treating clinician
- We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce any waiting times and the traffic of people in the practice
- Any appointments that can be conducted virtually will continue to be performed virtually to reduce the risk of exposure.
- To limit time spent in the clinic we will not make appointments on the day but will contact you after the appointment to schedule the next visit. We would also appreciate any payments to be made online if possible.
- Please reduce the amount of personal belongs brought into the clinic.
- If at all possible, please refrain from using the toilets. If used, please close the lid before flushing and inform Reception afterwards so that cleaning can be undertaken.
Please bear in mind that we are doing our best to accommodate each of you in restricted conditions so please treat our staff kindly as they are trying to help you.
Late cancellations due to PPE shortage or staff sickness may be unavoidable and we ask for your understanding should this happen.
Whilst many things have changed, we want to reassure you that we remain committed to your safety. We have always maintained the highest standards of infection control.
- We have installed air purifiers in all clinical areas which help combat aerosol spread of the virus
- We will always wear a mask, eye protection and a disposable gown or apron.
- All team members will be health screened before their shift.
- We have increased frequency of cleaning of commonly touched surfaces and have hand sanitizer for mandatory use by patients and staff.
Unfortunately, the virus is still a threat. However, we have always used universal precautions and will continue to do so.
Thank you for your continued support. We are so pleased to be back in business!